Majorca Mallorca holiday

diary and photographs of a budget, short-break holiday Majorca (Mallorca) dedicated to obtaining justice for Erica and Eric Williams, Port Hope Simpson, Labrador, Newfoundland, Canada; photographs, Palma Cathedral, Arenal, Palma Nova, classical Spanish guitarist, http://porthopesimpson.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Day 1 Sunday 20 October 2002 Bristol to Palma, Majorca

Within five minutes of joining the M4 I was in my car stuck in traffic! What a start! 30 m.p.h. and 50 m.p.h. advisory speed limit signs were in operation and everybody was taking notice of them in the wet, dark driving conditions. Luckily there were only two more sections like that near London and where the M4 crosses east/west the M25 London orbital before we joined the M1 to exit Junction 10 for Luton Airport, or Luton London as it’s markedly described. I left the car with Central garage Storage for £5.00 per day and was given a form that would mean, by booking with them (who else had I booked with?) it would only cost me £4.00 per day.
I checked in about 40 minutes in advance, had a partial tea and a cheeses petite baguette and I was aboard. The Boeing 737 was new and the flight over was excellent. In two and a quarter hours I was in Palma. An extremely fast taxi drive at 12.15 a.m. from the airport and I was booked into the Hotel 5 Isles, St. Cristopal. Basic, 11 Euros per night was cheap. Slept like a dead man.

Expedia.com. Travel Right!